Effective June 20, 2018
Peekaboox collects information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Platform. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources. In order to help you protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to provide only that information that is necessary for using our Website.
Information Provided Voluntarly
Peekaboox collects the following information, either directly or through third-parties.
- Calendar Information. Our calendar integration checks the duration and free/busy status of the events in your calendar so that we don’t book you when you’re busy.
- Application Data. As part of the Peekaboox services, we store financial data as well as company information. We respect the privacy of all users, and consider all data that is collected to be private. Peekaboox may access this data only for the purpose of providing the Peekaboox services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law. Peekaboox will not distribute or sell your information to a 3rd party, except as disclosed in this policy. Our application and database servers are located with Amazon Web Services in the Frankfurt and you hereby consent to such transfer.
- Billing Information. If you purchase a premium version of Calendly, our third-party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information. We store the last four digits of your credit card number, card type, and the expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you use Peekaboox, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Other Web Site Analytics Services. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we use third-party Service Providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and Viewer interactions services to Peekaboox in connection with our operation of our Website, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to Peekaboox. You may opt-out of relevant cookies using opt-out features on their respective websites.
How Peekaboox uses information
We may use information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, to:
- Provide the Peekaboox Service. We will use your information to provide our Website to you; including facilitating scheduling; managing your account; responding to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the billing history to you on your billing page in the Website, and to perform internal financial processes, such as looking at the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the service is working properly. We will also email you regarding your calendar appointments. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about Peekaboox or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in your services, our service offering and other important service-related notices, such as changes to the Notice or about security or fraud notices.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including complying with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or in legal proceedings involving Peekaboox.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent.
We do not sell your information to any third parties or disclose it in exchange for money or other valuable consideration. We do not share your Personal Data with others except as indicated within this Notice, or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your Personal Data shared. We will never use customer data to send direct marketing via emails, SMS, physical mailings, or other similar communication channels to advertise or promote the use of our product and services or those of a third-party. We may share information we collect about you, including Personal Data, in the following ways:
With third-party Service Providers, agents, contractors, or government entities
We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you:
- We may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. We may also engage Service Providers to provide services such as monitoring and developing Peekaboox services; aiding in communications, infrastructure, and IT services; customer service; debt collection; analyzing and enhancing data. These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the above-listed types of information that we request may be collected by third-party Service Providers on our behalf.
- We may share information with Service Providers and government entities for legal, security, and safety purposes. This includes sharing information in order to enforce policies or contracts, address security breaches, and assist in the investigation of fraud, security issues, or other concerns.
- We require Service Providers to agree to take reasonable steps to keep the Personal Data that we provide to them secure. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Data except in connection with providing their services.
Peekaboox will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above and to comply with our legal obligations. Please be advised that this means that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our Services. For instance, we may retain your Personal Data as necessary to meet our legal obligations, enforce an agreement, or for tax and accounting purposes.
Peekaboox has implemented processes intended to protect user information and maintain security of data that we process. Each account holder is assigned a unique username and password, which is required to access their account. It is your responsibility to protect the security of this login information. When you enter sensitive information (such as your login information) on our site, we encrypt all system or customer data in transit and at rest.