Would you like to be available for your clients 24/7? Install a chatbot on your site!
"And how is it done?"
Well, you are in the right place to find it out! In this guide we will learn how to install the Tawk.to chatbot on your website.
First of all, if you haven't already, you need to set up Google Tag Manager on your Peekaboox. To read the detailed guide on how to do this, click here.
Well, now that you have GTM configured, let's move on:
- Go to the Tawk.to website and register. You will be asked to enter your website URL and name.
- Once registered, from the dashboard of your Tawk.to profile click on administration at the bottom left.
- Click on Chat Widget, under Channels section. Copy the Widget Code, or snippet, that you will find on your right.
- On your Google Tag Manager enter your container and go to the Tag section.
- Click on New:
- in Tag Configuration select Custom HMTL as the Tag Type and paste the Widget Code you copied earlier.
- in the section Triggering select All Pages, so that your chat will pop up on every page of your website.
- Click Save and rename the Tag as cHTML - Tawk.to
- Publish your new chatbot by clicking Submit, go to your site and check that it has been installed correctly.
"What? That’s all? I thought it would be more difficult!"
Exactly, that's just it! And now enjoy your chat!