Google Tag Manager is a free tool by Google that will be useful for your website.
How? Well, I'll summarize in a very, very concise way, you can easily manage (without having to mess up directly into the code of your site) tools like:
- Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ads, Google Ads that will allow you to increase the visibility of your website.
- Google analytics, to monitor your website traffic, and in general, to know how users interact with your website.
- Different types of chatbots to communicate with your users 24/7!
And this is just a taste of what you can do with GTM...
Anyhow, let's get back to our topic and let's see in detail how to configure GTM on your Peekaboox in 8 simple steps:
- Go to the website of Google Tag Manager and click on Sign in to Tag Manager .
- Login to your Google account or create one. You will be asked to enter your phone number in order to send you a verification code.
- Click on Create account: a window with the title “Add a New Account” will open, divided into Account Setup and Container Setup.
- Account Setup: Give your Tag Manager account any name and select the country.
- Container Setup: enter the name of your website where you want to use the Tag Manager. The container will hold all the tags of the site. Then specify the target platform you will use tags in and click on create.
- Accept the Google terms of service by clicking on the Yes button at the top right.
- Copy the code starting with GTM- and click OK.
- Click on Submit and then on Preview, otherwise you won't be able to visualize TGM on your site. The GTM- code you copied will be the same one you find on the Submit and Preview bar.
- Go to your Peekaboox backoffice page in the website section and click on general at the bottom left.
- Paste the previously copied GTM code into the Google Tag Manager bar. If everything went smoothly the code will be convalidated.