Step by step guide to point your domain to Peekaboox with Generic DNS
Configure your own domain with Peekaboox is easy even with a generic DNS provider. Follow these simple steps and link your domain with us.
- Login at your generic register
- Navigate to the list of your domains and look for an option to manage the DNS details on the domain you wish to configure
- Select the A type Entry
- Select the first A type entry and open the editing window. In case no A type entry is present, create a new one.
- Update the IP value
- Upon editing the A type entry you will find a type A record with name '@'.
- Replace the value of this field with Peekaboox IP: 126.96.36.199
- Click on Save to update the value
Please note that it will take some time before this change will take effect. It will take at least the time in seconds shown in the TTL column. You can use 600 seconds as default.
- Let Peekaboox know about the linking with the generic provider
- Upon completing the update on the generic registar, open Peekaboox backoffice and navigate to Integration - My Own Domain
- Add the domain to Peekaboox
- Press the Add button and enter the name of your domain. Do not add http:// or www to your domain name. Automatic validation will help you avoid any error.
- Upon completion, an SSL certificate will be automatically issued to ensure your website data is encrypted.